Like it or not, our mouths are full of bacteria – some good and some harmful. It is the harmful variety that hurt the teeth and cause tooth decay. How?
When you have any food, there are particles stuck in between your teeth. Now the harmful bacteria in your mouth use the sugars in the food to create acids – these acids cause tooth decay. When this goes on unchecked for a long time, the decay progresses to tooth cavity, and eventually to abscess.
But don’t worry; with proper care and oral hygiene, you can stop your tooth from getting decayed. All you need are these…
7 ways to prevent tooth cavities—
1. Brush regularly—
You should brush at least twice a day, if not thrice. Brushing regularly gets rid of the bacteria that causes tooth decay, and also gets rid of any food particles that might be stuck. When you brush regularly, you also don’t get plaque formation.
2. Floss Daily—
You could brush frequently to get rid of the particles of food, but what about the little flecks that get stuck in between your teeth? For those you need to floss regularly. You could also get inter dental cleaners from the medical stores.
3. Use a mouthwash—
To reduce the amount of bad bacteria in the mouth, you can resort to a good anti-bacterial mouthwash. You will find these quite easily because they are sold in medicinal shops as well as the supermarket.
4. Eat well—
You should focus on eating a balanced meal – and avoid sugary foods – especially sweets, carbonated drinks etc. Also, if you eat any sticky food, then you should try and brush immediately after.
5. Supplemental fluoride—
You can get the dentist to prescribe supplemental fluoride for you. These strengthen the teeth and protect it against bacterial infection.
6. Dental sealants—
Using dental sealants is another option – especially for kids. It is basically a coating of clear plastic applied at the chewing surfaces of the molars. This layer protects them from the bacteria. Even adults can use this.
7. Visit your dentist regularly—
The most important part of preventing cavities is to visit your dentist regularly. He can advise you if you need to get any treatments done for your teeth.
The sooner you start on these 7 ways to prevent tooth cavities, the better you will fare against tooth decay and caries. After all, prevention is definitely better than cure!
Incoming search terms:
- what can a pregnant person use to cure toothache?
- what are useless the medicine i can take when i have an toothache and i am pregnant?
- best toothache while pregnant
- Which painkiller is safe to treat a tooth ache during the first trimester of pregnancy
- what is the treatment of toothache during pregnancy
- tooth aching during pregnancy
- tooth ace remedy for pregnant woman
- shocking feeling after tooth feeling
- shock on the teeth
- Sevier tooth painhome remedy for pregnant
- red cross toothache kills nerve
- pregnancy women teeth pain which drugs can use pain relief
- medicine of teeth pain in pregnancy
- if you\ve got toothache why don\t you go and see a dentist the plane landed
- how to stop tooth ache after filling it?
- y do kids bite their teeth when anger