Herpes or cold sores are very painful. And they surface quite often, so it seems a waste to go to the doctor every time you come down with herpes. But that doesn’t mean you don’t need treatment at all!
It just means that you can treat oral herpes naturally at home – with herpes home remedies.
You can learn about herpes and what causes herpes on our other pages; here we will simply concentrate on how you can treat herpes with simple home goods. And more importantly, we offer you tips to prevent herpes as well.
How to treat oral herpes with home remedies?
1. Monitor and improve your diet! What you eat has a direct bearing on your body. So,
- Plate up more of high-lysine foods. The protein Lysine helps the body heal and prevent sores. Try more dairy products, lean meats, etc.
- Stay away from foods high in arginine – it helps spread the herpes virus. So stay away from chocolate, nuts, whole grains, and seeds.
- Steer clear of acidic foods like citrus fruits, vinegar. The acid helps the virus thrive.
- Have foods that fortify the body and boost the immune system. Try greens and veggies – Brussels, cabbages, cauliflowers etc.
- Supplement the important minerals and nutrients like vitamins and zinc.
|2. Apply ice as soon as you feel the cold sores surfacing. The virus thrives in a warm moist atmosphere – keep applying the ice to cool the region and keep the virus from spreading.|
3. Apply lemon balm or lemon extracts directly on the sore with a clean cotton ball. Apply it at least 2-3 times a day.
4. Salt application also helps. Moisten your fingertip and dip it in table salt – and apply it on the sores.
5. You can also apply lavender essential oil, or Melissa oil. Dip a cotton ball in the oil and dab it directly onto the sore – apply it several times a day.
6. Tea bags also help. Soak a tea bag in hot water, let it cool and apply the cooled tea bag on the sores. Use a fresh tea bag every 30 minutes or so.
| 7. You can even use a herbal remedy –
And now as promised, the preventive measures:
- Do not share your personal items – make up, toiletries, and toothbrush.
- When you have cold sores, don’t be tempted to camouflage it with make up – and if you do, then do not repeat that particular make up again – it is already contaminated.
- Application of sunscreen can protect the skin from sun induced herpes on the lips.
But sometimes, herpes doesn’t go away with just home remedies…and although such cases are rare…it is then that you ought to let your doctor take a look at it. Otherwise, herpes home remedies are a great way to keep cold sores from taking over your mouth – and your life.
Incoming search terms:
- keeping cold sores away
- how to keep a cord sore at bay
- keep blisters at bay
- keep your cold sores at bay
- best vitamins to keep cold sores awa
- how to keep cold sore at bay
- how to keep herpes at bay on lips
- how to leep herpes at ba
- keeping cold sore at bay
- keeping fever blister at bay
- what to do to keep counea viru at bay